Looking to make a difference in your community? Volunteers are vital to the Brick Store Museum’s year-round mission to make personal connections to local history, art and culture through a variety of avenues that are essential to community learning.
Each year, more than 100 volunteers of all ages bring their skills, perspectives,
and life experiences to enrich our activities. Through their efforts, the Brick Store Museum
is able to provide exceptional programs and events that reach our visitors year-round.
While some volunteers maintain a regular schedule each week to work on ongoing projects, others prefer helping out as needed with specific events or activities.
to support the following activities:
- Museum gallery docents and guides
- Lead special group tours inside the Museum
- Lead walking tours of Kennebunk’s historic district and Kennebunk Beach (seasonal – see below)
- Administrative support
- Visitor services – greeting visitors, answering questions, selling tickets and helping visitors with in-store purchases
- Publicity distribution of Museum brochures and event posters to local businesses
- Office support and data entry
- Special event planning and staffing
- Cataloging projects, data entry
- Archival support/scanning
- Educational programs and school group tours
- Gardening in the Museum’s Victory Garden
- Curatorial installations
- Facilities assistance (painting, moving museum furniture/large artifacts, small repairs, etc.)
- Becoming a committee member on the following committees:
- Special Events Committee
- Finance Committee
- Collections Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Garden Committee
- Education Committee
Would YOU like to join our dedicated team? Give us a call at 207.985.4802, stop in at the Museum to introduce yourself, or email the Museum at [email protected] We’ll ask you to fill out a form (see Volunteer Form below) that will help us best match our various needs with your interests and availability.
NOW AVAILABLE! Online Volunteer Sign Up for Museum Events and Programs! New Opportunities will be listed as they arise. Simply click on the opportunity below and volunteer for what fits your schedule. Thank you for your help in advance!
|May 27 – Beer + Baseball @ BSM||June 16 & 17 – Launch! Walking Tours|
|May 28 – Vintage Baseball Game||August 5 – Steampunk Fair|
Specific Need: Walking Tour Guides!
The Brick Store Museum seeks interested volunteers to take part in its robust walking tour program, which offers two separate historical walks on a regular basis during the summer months. Visitors are invited to join either the Historic District Walking Tour or the Kennebunk Beach Walking Tour weekly, to learn more about the people and places of the Kennebunks.
The Historic District Tours are offered every Friday at 11:00am, plus tours by appointment.
Kennebunk Beach Tours are offered every Thursday at 2:00pm, or by appointment.
The tours run from July through mid-September. Both tours last about 60-90 minutes, and cover less than a mile on flat road. Guides are given a notebook with a script, and images to accompany the tour. If you like talking with people and sharing our area’s history – this is the opportunity for you!
Call (207)985-4802 or email [email protected] to take part today!