Charitable contributions to the Museum’s Annual Fund support collections, exhibitions and educational outreach services. The Brick Store Museum is a 501(c)3 educational institution, and contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law, with no goods or services exchanged for your donation. Donations to the Annual Fund are accepted year-round, with specific appeals mailed out in the spring and autumn (typically, May and November). You can also donate via our BSM Wishbook – which specifies much-needed items and services at the museum!
How to Donate:
- Online (click the yellow button below):
- In person/via mail
- check (made payable to the Brick Store Museum)
- credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
Please send your donation to:
Brick Store Museum
117 Main Street
Kennebunk, Maine 04043
Levels of Giving:
Mariners $5.00 – $99.00
Every crewperson is essential in trimming sails and running a tight ship. A large number of seasoned mariners are required for each voyage.
Navigators $100.00 – $249.00
The navigator is trained to calculate the position of the vessel at all times. With mathematical precision, navigators chart the course of the vessel.
Shipmasters $250.00 – $499.00
A shipmaster is the captain in charge of the crew and responsible for the cargo and safe passage of the vessel. We have great confidence in the master mariner.
Shipbuilders $500.00 – $999.00
These master shipwrights are responsible for constructing a seaworthy vessel designed for speed and cargo capacity. We applaud their craftsmanship.
Shipowners $1000.00 and over
Traditionally shipowners make the largest investment, carry the most risk, and reap the greatest rewards. We offer the pride of institutional leadership.
There are several ways to donate to the Brick Store Museum and ensure that history is kept alive for future generations. Your support and interest in this endeavor is always appreciated. The staff, visitors, collections, and the community benefit from your generosity.
- As stated above, our Annual Fund runs throughout the year, and allows your donation to be used in the support of educational programs, exhibitions, special events, and more. You can donate in these ways:
- Print our online Annual Fund Form, and mail it to the Museum with your donation (find our address above);
- Call the Museum at 207.985.4902 and make your donation over the phone;
- Donate online through PayPal (see yellow button above) or Network for Good
- You might also choose to make a donation toward a specific need of the Museum, called a Restricted Donation. From professional development, to collections care and conservation, to exhibition sponsorship, the Museum would be happy to discuss your ideas for specific donations with you. Call the Museum at 207.985.4802 or email us to learn more about this type of giving.
GIFT OF STOCKS OR SECURITIES:
Gifts of appreciated stocks and securities are gratefully received; please contact the Museum at 207.985.4802 for further information on this method of giving.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS:
You can further increase the impact of your gift, if your employer offers a matching gift program; simply ask your employer’s human resources department for the form and send it to us. Please call 207.985.4802 for further information.
MEMORIAL OR TRIBUTE GIFTS:
Annual Fund contributions may be designated in memory or in honor of an individual. Notification of your thoughtfulness is sent via an attractive card to whomever you specify, and the designation appears in our annual donor listing.