The Brick Store Museum offers businesses many ways to enrich the cultural and educational landscape of Southern Maine, the Kennebunks, and its surrounding communities. From successful education programs for all age groups to a wealth of exhibitions, concerts, lectures, and other special events, the Brick Store Museum endeavors to ignite personal connections to this art, history, and culture.
The Brick Store Museum invites foundations, corporations, and local businesses to consider joining the Museum as Business Members to support year-round operations including exhibitions; school, youth, and programs; lectures, films, and workshops; internships; and special events.
In return, proud Business Partners can expect many opportunities for prominent exposure; networking; access to the museum and its program center for private receptions and curatorial programs; and invitations to previews, events, and special activities reserved for the Brick Store Museum’s generous donors.
For more than 150 years, the four buildings that comprise The Brick Store Museum’s Main Street facade have been a distinctive part of the Kennebunks’ commercial landscape. In fact, prior to the Museum’s founding in 1936 in what was once a dry goods store, the museum block had contained such things as a telegraph office, a rooming house, a restaurant, a library, a grocery store, and an automotive repair shop.
The constant remains that we are all making a mark in our community’s story of commerce. The Museum is the steward of hundreds of photographs, documents, and artifacts that record our area’s business heritage from the earliest days to the present. Regardless of whether a business has been around for a few months or a few generations, it plays a key role in the fabric of our community and has a story worth preserving. The Museum remains very appreciative of the general support from local businesses, and there are many more who would likely become new supporters of the Museum if only asked.
So, won’t you join the Museum as a proud Business Partner? Click HERE to purchase today.
Would you like a physical registration form? Please call the Museum at (207)985-4802 or email us at email@example.com. We would be happy to send one to you!
See our list of proud Business Partners and give them your support today!
Whether it be a semi-permanent exhibition, camps and programs for children and families, special events, artifact preservation, or anything in-between, the Brick Store Museum is continually seeking support to deliver unique learning experiences for audiences year-round.
Corporate sponsorship levels vary depending on the size of the project, but generally start at around $100.00. If you are interested in supporting a specific program but do not see it listed here, please contact Engagement & Development Coordinator Deborah Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interest. We look forward to helping you match your mission to museum programs.
Current sponsorship opportunities include:
- Vintage Baseball Game: Maine Dirigo vs. Boston Beaneaters, May 28th
- Internship Program for local students
- Free admission days and open-late nights sponsored by YOUR business
- Preservation of an object from the collection
- Southern Maine Steampunk Fair, August 5th
- Upcoming exhibitions (visit the Exhibits page to see what’s next!)
- New Year’s Eve Kennebunk (NYEKBK), December 31st
Past supporters of the Brick Store Museum’s initiatives include:
- Bauman Family Foundation: Free school field trips for local schools, oral history program initiative, and digitization support
- Clark Insurance: 16mm film digitization for public access
- Gorham Savings Bank: 16mm film digitization for public access
- Hannaford (Kennebunk): Free admission to the All Souls’ Walk for third graders
- H.M. Payson: The Holiday Tea on Summer Street
- Hurlbutt Designs: Visual Storytelling exhibit
- Kennebunk Pharmacy: Victory Dance at the Waterhouse Center
- Kennebunk Savings Bank: 5th Annual Photography Contest
- Norway Savings Bank: Dear Sarah stage play
- Southern Maine Health Care: Victory Garden sun shade
Are you replacing shelving? Doing away with printer paper or office supplies? Looking for your team to donate time, expertise, skills, or labor? Consider the Brick Store Museum. In-kind donations allow the Museum to apply its donor-funding to the most important areas of our mission: education and preservation. Your in-kind donations of items that we won’t need to purchase, or expertise for which we don’t have to write a check, are always accepted and welcomed. Through your donation, funding dollars can stretch further and push the Museum’s outreach to new heights.
If you have a specific idea for a donation, please do not hesitate to call Cynthia Walker, Executive Director, at (207)985-4802 or email her at email@example.com.
For your convenience, our current needs include:
- LED gallery bulbs
- Office supplies for outreach
- Adult mannequins for our costume collection
- Utility work (i.e. electrical, plumbing, etc.) for galleries and public spaces
- Shelving for collections
- Raffle items for fundraisers
- Website design and upkeep
- Display apparatus for exhibitions
However you choose to donate, we thank you for supporting the Brick Store Museum.