Celebrate history + future in Kennebunk!
It’s back! The annual celebration of Steampunk and Victoriana happens this year on Saturday, August 10, from 11am to 4pm. Makers, artists, performers, lecturers and creators from throughout New England (and beyond) illustrate the world of steampunk.
Not sure what “steampunk” is? What a great reason to visit!
“Steampunk” is a view of the world through the lens of Victorian futurism – think of Jules Verne’s “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea,” or, more recently, Will Smith’s version of “The Wild Wild West.” The Museum’s event celebrates the aesthetics, inventions, and creations of a future-world created by Victorian steam power.
Tickets: $5 per person, $2 for Museum members; free for children under 12. Cash, check and credit are all accepted.
Interested vendors, performers and food trucks are welcome to apply. To learn more, please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
To see images from previous fairs, check out images from from New Clear Rain Photography!
Family-friendly costumes are encouraged! Dogs are allowed on the Fair grounds, including inside the Museum, if they are on a leash and behave as well as their humans do.
- Steampunk High Tea with the Guild of Extraordinary Gentlewomen! 1pm – 3pm. Ticket includes delicious treats and tea from 1pm – 3pm, and entry to the Steampunk Fair. Tickets: $30 per person. Limited to the first 40 people who sign up! Get your tickets here!
- Leanna Renee Hieber, Steampunk & Victoriana fiction writer! She’ll be signing books and giving short presentations on fiction writing and Victoriana subjects!
- Live music by Oh’Anleigh!
- Get your tintype taken! Agno3Lab will be there to create these old-fashioned images for you to watch the process and to take home.
- Facepainting and temporary tattoos by SquirrelCat Designs!
- Costume Contest – more information here
Victorian lawn games
Maker Station with free activities
“Get Your Steampunk Name” booth (free)
Photo Booth & Wandering Photographer
Over 30 artists and makers
[[ Need ideas for Steampunk dress and personal decoration? Check out our Pinterest for ideas! ]]
Unique creations and artwork, antiques, lamps, furniture, jewelry and much more will be on display and for sale by featured makers and artisans. Prices range in price from $5.00 to $500.00.
Croquet on the Lawn
Get your Steampunk Name
Maker Station (free activities!)
Raffle for Steampunk Fun
What is “steampunk?”
Steampunk often features anachronistic technologies or “retro-futuristic” inventions as people in the 19th century might have envisioned them. The era’s perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, invention and art all play into the visual culture of Steampunk. Technology may include fictional machines like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne.
Staying in Kennebunk
The Port Inn Kennebunk is the official inn of the Brick Store Museum and the Southern Maine Steampunk Fair!
By using the link below, you’ll receive 10% off your stay!
There is plenty of parking throughout the downtown area. Please see the diagram below for reference. Parking is always free!
Interested in becoming a Steampunk Fair vendor?
Registration is open all year.
To sign up as a vendor for this event, please fill out the Steampunk Fair Registration form and return it to the Museum at your earliest convenience.