Date(s) - April 27, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Brick Store Museum
Category(ies) No Categories
Are you ready for spring time? Have you been looking at all of those unused items in your closet and basement? Do you wish that you had more time to find good homes for some of your things that could benefit others?
The Museum knows what it’s like to professionally organize your things. That’s our job! So let us help you, in return for your support.
The Museum’s Spring Up & Pass Down Day offers two activities:
1) Pass Down Day Yard Sale:
Bring gently used items (i.e. antiques; great/like-new clothing; functioning children’s toys; unneeded plants and bulbs) that you think someone else will appreciate to our indoor Pass Down Day (like a yard sale!). If you put your full name on your items (using masking tape), you’ll receive 50% of the profits of your sold items. If you choose that you’d like the museum to receive the full sale price, that is wonderful, too!
Please note the rules below:
- Items MUST BE DROPPED OFF at the Museum (and paperwork filled out) prior to Wednesday, April 24th.
- Only gently-used and/or like-new items will be accepted. As you select items, remember: What would you buy?
- The Museum will only store items through May 4, 2019. Any unsold items must be picked up (we’ll give you a call!) by that time. Anything left behind will be disposed of by the Museum.
2) Spring Into Action & Stuff the Dumpster:
If you don’t have items to pass down, then here’s another option: We’ve got a dumpster! Donate $25 or more and throw away those things that have been hanging around for too long (and support the Museum while doing so!). Please note the rules below.
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES AND RULES:
- Please bring items in a box (i.e. an old Amazon box, etc). Because we want to conserve space, be sure that your dumpster box is packed as much as possible. We’ll recycle the boxes once we get everything in the dumpster!
- Keep in mind that many people would like the opportunity to throw out items – if you are bringing extra-large boxes of trash for the dumpster, please call ahead to make sure there is room: 207-985-4802.
- Unacceptable items: Casella Waste has provided us with a list of items that you CANNOT throw into the dumpster.
- Aerosol cans
- Freon appliances
- Car batteries
- Cell phones
- Fire extinguishers
- Medical waste
- Propane tanks
- Yard waste
- Hazardous waste
- Liquids (paints, oils, etc.)