Date(s) - June 30, 2018
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Brick Store Museum
Category(ies) No Categories
It’s a Museum celebration! Museum members and their guests (members may invite as many people as they want!) are invited to the Brick Store Museum for a brand-new event that re-thinks the Members Meeting. During the Member-Guest Day, you’ll get a glimpse of museum operations, go behind the scenes, take part in fun activities, and hear about what’s ahead for the Museum.
The inaugural Member-Guest Day is supported by:
12:00pm: Lunch and Films! Enjoy a boxed lunch from Cape Porpoise Kitchen (see order information below!) (or bring your own!) and see the newly digitized silent film reels featuring world travels of Edith Barry, views of the Kennebunks, and more from the 1920s – 1950s.
12:45 – 2:45:
- Behind the Scenes “Field Trips”
- Ask the Town Historian (anything!)
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours: The Costume Collection
- Try out the game of MuseumSage! (program premiere!)
2:45pm: Museum Update and Annual Meeting, including:
- Presentation of the first CLIO Circle Awards!
- Museum Update to our Community (Board President, Museum Director)
- Rogers Culture Series Keynote Address (sponsored by Mann Memorial Vet): Maine State Historian Earle Shettleworth, “Mainers in World War I” (purchase a copy of his new book at the event!)
4:00pm: Cocktail reception in the Museum Poppy Project, with delicious appetizers by Kitchen Chicks Catering
Join us for lunch and silent movies, starting at noon! Boxed lunches available for purchase (must be reserved ahead!) from Cape Porpoise Kitchen! Please call Caroline at (207)985-4802 or email [email protected] with your order! You can also order ONLINE here!
All lunches are $10 per box, and include sandwich; chips or apple; and bottled water or canned soda.
- Turkey & Brie en Baguette w/ Honey Mustard, Red Onion & Romaine
- Roast Beef & Horseradish Creme w/ Cheddar, Romaine & Tomato on Marble Rye
- Virginia Baked Ham & Brie w/ Honey Mustard, Romaine & Tomato on Whole Wheat
- Tarragon Chicken Salad w/ Red Grapes, Walnuts & Romaine on Whole Grain
- Vegetarian Wrap w/ hummus, carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, onion, feta and lettuce
- Caesar Salad (w or w/o chicken: depending on dietary preference)
- Kale Salad w/ parmesan cheese, currants, & toasted almonds