The Brick Store Museum staff works as a team to provide the highest quality experiences for our visitors. Click on the button below that best suits your career interests with the Museum. Please continue to check this site as new opportunities arise throughout the year. The Brick Store Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Weekend Visitors Services Associate
The Brick Store Museum seeks Visitor Services Associates (part-time) responsible for initial visitor engagement, administrative support, and retail operations during the hours he/she works. Museum is seeking help to fill specific hours, as follows:
Hours: Wednesdays 5:00pm – 8:00pm; Saturdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm; and/or Sundays 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Hourly Pay: $10/hr
- Welcome and provide information to visitors about their Museum visit
- Greet, direct and assist visitors
- Perform cashier duties at the Front Desk, including admission ticket sales and Museum Store sales
- Routes phone calls to correct staff phones, and/or responds to caller questions
- Assists Engagement Coordinator with web presence, including archiving Museum press releases online
- Takes visual inventory of shop items and replenishes shelves when necessary
- May assist in special events and special museum projects in down time
- Assists with other projects as assigned
- Knowledge of Kennebunk/Kennebunkport/Wells area to assist guests with travel questions
- Understanding of general Museum environment and its mission in the community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of how to use iPad point-of-sale system
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule which may include evenings or weekends
- Able to work with a wide variety of visitors, including all age groups and learning levels
- Friendly, informative and welcoming demeanor; should be community-oriented and enjoy promoting the Museum’s educational mission
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Executive Director Cynthia Walker, email@example.com.
The Museum is always looking for excited and dedicated volunteers to educate our visitors and take part in the growth of the Museum. We depend on you! If you are interested in visitor services, helping with membership, leading special tours, developing new programs, and much more, please let us know by calling 207-985-4802, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting the Museum at 117 Main Street. We are incredibly grateful for your help and support!
Learn more about our Volunteer Program by clicking here.
Founded in 1936 by artist Edith Barry, the Brick Store Museum is a history and art museum and archives housed within five 19th-century buildings in Kennebunk’s National Register Historic District. It is open year-round, and produces 5-6 exhibitions per year, with programs and special events for all learning levels and ages. The Museum houses about 70,000 items in its collections, which range from documents and photos to chests of drawers and portraits. Volunteers and interns are an integral part of what makes The Brick Store Museum function and they perform a broad range of tasks in a variety of departments across the Museum. All internships provide an introduction to standard museum practice and hands-on experience in museum/archive work.
Our internship positions are currently filled for Summer 2017. Please contact Cynthia Walker at email@example.com to discuss Fall or Winter internships.